Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vernon, British Columbia.

   
This past summer me and my friend Kaylee made a roadtrip to Vernon, British Columbia.  It's about a 7-8 hour trip there but luckily the drive is beautiful. The only unfortunate part is that there has been an unbelievable amount of construction that may slow you down an hour or two. Anyways. Once you near Vernon, and I'm not exactly sure what town this is in, there is an excellent little flea market that me and my family have stopped at ever since I was little. There's tons and tons of vintage jewellery, records, anything you could want and it's all amazing. It's something that your eyes wont miss if you are traveling from the East. Once I find out what town it is in I'll be sure to post.



The resort we stayed at was The Strand which is by far the best place to stay. I loved it there. The rooms are huge. We had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a balcony, two bathrooms. It was awesome. We also had a fridge that we later went and stocked with all our favorites. I've stayed at this resort twice and it's absolutely amazing. There is a pool, a hot tub, and the lake right behind the hotel. There is also a dock that lights up at night which is really beautiful. Me and Kaylee would go out every night and sit there for hours. You can see the city lights, the stars, and the moonlight on the lake. The only downfall about this is that there are spiders EVERYWHERE. It was really hard for me to accept because of my huge fear, but you get used to it considering the spiders stay inside the lamps on the dock. It's just terrifying because they are really really large.


A look at the hotel from the dock


View from our room, the pool.


The whole week we were sort of lazy, relaxing in the room. We slept, ate and played video games a lot. We also went shopping, went sea-dooing, go-karting, boating, tubing, went to the arcade, kayaking, layed on the beach, and swam. We also went to see Inception while it was in theatres, which is just in town. This movie theatre is totally awesome. I have a past in Vernon though, because me and my family used to attend the french camp BCFFC (or so i believe it's called) and we'd go Earl's for dinner than this movie theatre as a tradition.



Go-karting. I believe this was just outside of Kelowna. Click Here




Kal Beach (one of the more well known beaches)

Boating. It's unbelievably hard to actually rent a boat in Vernon. We have a guy that just rents his to us, because it's so hard to find one. Sea-doos = easy. Boats = near impossible.



Tubing. This was the worst tube of all time. Here's a tip. DO NOT GET A FLAT TUBE. You have no where for your feet to hold onto so your legs fly off, which makes you fly off! worst and most painful tube I have ever been on.


I want to post about this awesome hemp store we went to, but it's not letting me post pictures so i'm just gonna tell you about it. You'll notice this shop in downtown Kelowna because it has a huge hippie van in front of it. Here it smells like Jasmine and I bought wrap skirts, headbands, a hippie bag, feather earrings, rings, money pouches, hemp bracelets. It was my heaven. Definitely go to this shop! I tried to find out what it's called but I just can't remember.


OKAY so, I'll post the videos that I took as soon as I put them all together. I've been meaning to do this but I just haven't gotten to it yet, so wait up for this because it's a mash of some things we did! A vlog :)


Hope you enjoyed! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment