Thursday, November 11, 2010

Warped Tour '10.

Warped Tour 2010! I would have loved to have made it in 2009, but I was away so! I decided this year would be the year. Warped tour is a large day where thousands of teens come together and see their favourite bands. Honestly it mostly consists of emo kids, metal kids and indie kids, but it's all fun. We left really early in the morning, around 10 or something. It went from 11am-11pm but to be honest, we only lasted a little more than 3 hours because it must have been at least 30 degrees. The unfortunate thing is that there is no place to cool off. No fans or anything, your stuck out in the heat, becoming hotter with everyone else's body heat, relying on water to keep you hydrated. You're not allowed to bring in bottles or bug spray of any sorts and when you enter, police men with dogs sniff around. The other thing is that there is no re-entry. We would have come back but as soon as you leave you're not allowed in again. (I find that really dumb).

SO moving on.




This ^^ is the band line up. Although you can't see it really closely here are some bands that played.
:: Mayday Parade, Emarosa, Bring me the horizon, Alesana, Attack attack, Automatic loveletter, Breathe Carolina, The casualties (whom were eating at the same restaurant as us one night!), Eyes Set To Kill, In Fear In Faith, Parkway Drive, Pierce The Veil, Riverboat Gamblers (Whom I have seen before at the No Doubt concert I believe), Sum 41, Suicide Silence, We The Kings, Whitechapel, You Me At Six, and NEVERSHOUTNEVER! who was supposed to be there but for some reason either wasn't actually scheduled for Edmonton, or just canceled which is really disappointing because they are one of the main reasons I wanted to go, I love Mr. Drew!

Alesana

Alesana Crowd Surfer


* let me note that there are a bunch of different stages you can go to and that the bands are split up. 


Other than a bunch of bands playing, there is a few skate parks set up and a ridiculous amount of tents set up. There are tents for the bands, and there are tents for things like bracelets and just random merchandise.

A well known campaign to end suicide and depression

<3

Stickers where if you gave them a dollar you could take as many as you could get in a handful. Some people gave him a smoke and that worked too haha.



Now here are a few pictures from warped tour. I met up with a bunch of friends that I haven't seen in forever, some I didn't even know were there! A few we ran into each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment