Thursday, November 11, 2010

Johnston Canyon Hike (Banff).


In the summer while some friends from Amsterdam were visiting we decided we'd show them the beauty of our cold Alberta and take them on a hike to Johnston Canyon. This blog will definitely have more pictures than usual but that is because I want to convince you to visit this hike if you are visiting! It's absolutely gorgeous and very well known. I'm serious when I say it's very well known and that's the main unfortunate thing. It's very busy and people aren't very patient when it comes to taking pictures. I really recommend going on it though not only because it is gorgeous but because it's more of a walk than a hike and you won't be wiped out by the end, but you will be tired enough to treat yourself to some ice cream that they sell at the bottom.

There's also a lodge where you can get the things above^^


The boardwalk you have to go on. (let me note these are all my pictures)


One of the falls




The cave that you walk through to see the waterfall
One of the waterfalls



Top of a waterfall


The squirrels are unbelievably tame, you could almost touch them.




No comments:

Post a Comment